Wednesday 29 July 2009

Yes It's F*cking Political


I wrote a short (but a bit longer than 140 characters) review of Tweetminister for next week's new media age today. I'm one of those people that wants to be a bit more interested in politics but that desire isn't quite enough to actively seek out the information I think I might be after. Thank god for Twitter then, and, more than that, Tweetminister.

Basically, it collects together tweets by politicians and about political issues and presents them in a live stream and analytical blog, cutting out all the other noise that exists on the main Twitter site (although Tweetminister is not associated with Twitter). I think I'll definitely be checking up on it from time to time, mainly just to make myself feel intelligent and relevant.

And for those of you wondering about the title of this post, it's the name of a Skunk Anansie song from their second album, Stoosh. You might or might not have noticed but I like using song titles and well-known lyrics as headlines (both in my professional and non-professional work). This one has a special place in my heart as I clearly remember a Radio 1 DJ playing it by accident on daytime radio back when the album was released. About half the song was played before the hasty apologies. Here's the song (albeit not the version I heard but you get the point).


No comments:

Post a Comment