Thursday 8 April 2010

Meeting Ed


I was pretty excited to find out that I was on the email list Sole Technology's press office. Someone must be taking notice of the skateboarding/trainer-related writing I've been doing. I was even more excited when an invitation to Ed Templeton's new photo exhibition at the Elms Lesters Painting RoomsDrinking the Kool-Aid.

Altough I have to admit I could never call myself a huge fan, I have been aware of Ed Templeton since my interest in skateboarding first surfaced. In the (many) years since then, I've also become aware of his photography so, when the opportunity to meet him arose, I was never going to say no.

I went along to 'An Evening With Ed Templeton' at Elms Lesters earlier this evening. I got there early, hoping to get to meet Ed and ask him to sign my copy of Nobody Living Can Ever Make Me Turn Back, his book documenting a cross-America road trip on Harley Davidsons. This book will have been the single biggest influence if I ever buy a motorbike.

Ed turned up around 6.30, by which time the gallery was packed. But I still managed to get my book signed. Very, very happy.

The exhibition is on till 16th April, and definitely worth checking out if you're in town. And, for those of you not that interested in skateboarding, don't worry – this is far from a show about just skateboarding (and naked ladies).




















No comments:

Post a Comment