Tuesday 30 March 2010

Lomostyle, part 1

A few years ago, my brother gave me a Lomography Action Sampler camera for my birthday. Basically, instead of just capturing one photo when the button is pressed, the camera takes four pictures a fraction of a second apart. The resulting images all appear on the same print.

In theory, these pics should capture the movement of the subject, or the camera, when the photo was taken. In reality, it doesn't quite work that way. The flash isn't quite in sync with the shutter, so there's often a dark quarter, and I haven't quite gotten used to the framing. But things like these just add to the random nature of the photos. In fact, some of the best pics are ones that have gone wrong, in a traditional sense.

Having gone through all the films I've taken since being given the camera, I've compiled a set of my 40 favourites. In the tradition of the Action Sampler, I'll be splitting these picture over the next 4 entries.

So, without further ado, here's Lomostyle, part 1:











No comments:

Post a Comment